Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spinning

      You sit so silent                                   next to me
    We’re in a crowd                         you’re all I see
    You glance at me                     and spin me round
      So fast that I will                     not touch ground
       My mind is whirling          with your thoughts
         to the point my heart     is left distraught
         Despite next year  you'll be too far,
          One day I'll be your only star
                Perhaps this wish still needs a voice
                    but I'll pray to be your only choice
                     These feelings never seem to end
                         I just need you to be a friend
                          Spinning fast, I lose control
                            Then you smile and
                                     everything
                                         stops.

I apologize for this deformed heart.
To answer the remainders of the requirements, this poem is written to an anonymous person. This person is one of the many people who never fail to put a smile on my face. This person is my inspiration.





                        

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kaitlin,
    Awesome poem :D I really like how you made it in the shape of a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Michelle!
    It matches your background too :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. ↑ Those two voiced my opinion.

    This is an awesome idea though (:
    And you can really feel the emotions seeping off your poem. Plus, I think that it's perfectly fine that the heart is a bit misshapen. It makes the whole appearance even cuter <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE HEART!! It's a very unique idea; truly a work of art Kaitlin! I bet the guy of your dreams would be melting inside if he read this! Good Job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, Mio, Kitty, and Danielle, thank you for your input! Your words mean a lot to me.
    Sorry I'm commenting so late. In the future, whether it be comments or criticism, I will listen to them all and reply on time!
    And I'm not sure what to say about Danielle's third sentence, but I appreciate the support. :)

    ReplyDelete